The Biggest Winner Challenge. My inspiration.
As promised, here are the details of the Biggest Winner Challenge at Fit Bodies CrossFit.
I will post two parts:
- The guidelines of the challenge
- My before photos and numbers (warning: belly shot!)
Here are the guidelines of the challenge: We can earn daily points for 30 days. We will keep a running total of these points on the board in the gym. At the end of the contest, our coaches will use these as a guide (along with other factors) to choose some finalists. We can also use these points to earn tickets for a great prize drawing at the end of the challenge.
Here is the points breakdown as I understand it. I will track daily points on this blog using these guidelines:
- WOD points: 1 point for a WOD (Workout of the Day) 6 days/week. We will post our WODs on our gym blog. We will also receive points for strength and/or cash out workouts if those are available.
- Water points: We receive 1 point for drinking 1/2 our body weight in ounces of water each day. I weigh 159.5 lb at present so that is 79.75 oz of water daily. I will count this in number of 32 oz water bottles that I drink per day.
- Sleep: We receive 1 point for sleeping 7-9 hours per night.
- Nutrition: We receive 0-4 points depending on our food intake. Here is the scale:
4=Hunter/gatherer; All Whole 30 approved, all day long
3=Mostly there; 1 non-W30 approved item that is not a toxic item (dried fruit, condiment, peanuts, whey, hummus)
2=More than a bit of non-W30; anything toxic (alcohol, bread roll, piece of pizza)
1=Full meal non-paleo; “OUT TO LUNCH!” (literally/figuratively)
0=Off the wagon (like for the day)
As promised, my before photos and numbers. DON’T scroll down if you dont want to see a belly. Specifically, mine.
Waist (smallest) 30 3/4
Hips 42 1/4
Belly Button 34 3/4
Body Fat (with caliper) 24.5 %
My Before Photos