4 Min AMRAP
5 Deadlifts (135/95lbs)
7 KB Swings (53/35lbs)
5 Hang Cleans (135/95lbs)
Rest 1 Minute. Repeat for a total of 3 Rounds. Keep track of total rounds and reps!!
9 rounds + deadlifts
STRENGTH: Deadlifts – warm up – 5 @40%, 5 @ 50% 5 @60%
CASHOUT: 1 set of as many consecutive KB Swings as possible…As soon as done with that set complete a 200m run plus a hill.
100 35# KB swings
The last time we did this (about 6 weeks ago), I got 60 reps, mostly because Coach Zac nearly dared me to.
Today, I set out for 80-ish reps, thinking that I needed to increase my number from last time by a little bit.
Before 60 reps, I had already thought about stopping. Instead, I heard my FitBodies community cheering me on and pushed through. My friend Whitney encouraged me, saying, “C’mon Jen, get 5 more” and so I did. And then she said it again. And so I did.
Before I knew it, I had passed 60, and was pleasantly surprised. Nearing 70, I dazed a bit and came with it about 78 or so. I pushed to 80 and felt more like stopping than ever. In the mid-80s, however, with the team cheering me on, I thought to myself, “Are you really going to stop at 80? If you ever want to go over this number, this means you would start all the way back at the bottom and work up. Really, do you want to do that?”
90 was just around the corner. I thought about stopping once more and then realized that stopping just shy of 100 would be ridiculous. So I pressed on.
100 felt great. And here are the lessons:
1. Share success with others. I didn’t do that on my own. Good things like this happen more often (I won’t say its impossible without, but almost..) when you are surrounded by a community that supports you and gives you energy and pushes you to reach your full potential.
2. Use momentum to your advantage. Think about having to rack up all the reps again before you stop.
3. Dig deep. You always have something left in the tank (as Coach Zac would say)
4. Pace yourself. Perform like you could do it all day. And believe that you actually could.
5. Set a goal for next time. Before I left the gym, I recorded this in my journal and knew that next time I would complete either unbroken 53# swings or (and) 120 35# swings.
Thanks Fit Bodies crew for the push. You are all amazing.
PWO SFH shake
3 eggs, kale, sausage, sweet potato hash
Brussel sprouts, chicken salad, no dressing
1/2 lara bar